Monday, August 31, 2009

USING WHAT WE GOT....

Thirty days hath September. There is a whole poem of this but for now I am focusing on just this one month. Time for stash busting 101 again. Here are my guidelines just for me.

1. Everyday will find me with at least 15 minutes in the studio - or working on studio stuff. (I had to add this because softball princess has two out of town tournaments this month - I'll pack a huge bag to work on. )

2. I will use only what I have on hand right now. No new purchases for the month.

3. All of my creations will go toward inventory for the art show.

4. If you join me - there will be a link on the side bar to your blog. Leave all the info in the comments.

5. Now for the fun part - we all got stuff - but occasionally we come upon something we either need - or need to get rid of. Leave a comment here with wish lists and/or giveaway notes and lets see if we can give our extras and unwanteds a new home. I, for instance, have a ton of old dictionary pages - I'll send 20 of those pages to the first person who leaves a comment requesting them. I would love to have a few old buttons over 1.5 inches in diameter to make pendants with. (does that make sense?) -

6. I'll post creations and supply pictures as we go. I love to see the progress we make on clearing out some stash. Personally - my first project will be a ton of tags from the scrap paper bins.

NOTE THESE ARE MY GUIDELINES FOR MYSELF ONLY.



I'll be updating the sidebar this morning and through out the month. I may also move wish lists and giveaway notes to my post.

Wanna play??????

These are scans that are clickable for you guys. The newspaper clipping was stuck in a freebie book I got off the last chance table at the thrift store. Nixon had phliebitis --- history lesson without a pop quiz.



I have a beautiful life ---

Have one yourself - okay.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I've got a huge button stash, from my nanny. I'll look and see if I have any buttons that big.

Darla said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I'll see ya tomorrow and I'll link this to my blog in the morning.

I'm definately in for the month.

Darla

Very Mary said...

So if I scored about 500 yards of FREE fabric at a yard sale over the weekend, that doesn't really count as "new" since it was free and previously owned. Right?