Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Its such a hard life

Being a dog at our house. Poca (also known as monster dog) is all puppy. Grabbing skirts, pants legs, shoe strings, the sofa skirt, hands, fingers, whatever - she is chewing her way into the dog from H*&& description. We swat her, distract her, try to bribe her - all of the normal training tricks - with minimal success at this point. Still we spoil her.

I got out of the shower this morning to find this .......


Yup - Monster Dog is in the bed (my bed) with the Man at My Address. I did crop this picture to protect you guys from the visual I get every morning.

Last night I got home to find that she had shredded the paper training paper into quarter sized bits of confetti.

This morning she learned how to push the screen door open and then play a rousing game of chase with three teenagers and one cussing mom. This was not a one time occurance either. We chased the little sucker twice. I broke a sweat before I left for work today.

About work - My friend Lannae called on Monday and had a kitchen faucet leak. We looked at faucets on the phone and online - and ordered her a new one. She and Will picked it up yesterday.

Seems Will had the impression that I was a teacher as my job - that was way too funny. But I told her to bring bread and that we would feed the animals out back.

Photo below - stolen from Lannae's blog.

Will said over and over "I just don't know about this" as we fed the critters. This is Mama Goat - yes that is a pipe taped to her horns. She pokes her head through the fence and gets caught, so we tape that on there to keep that from happening. I love taking kids out back to see the animals - Earl the donkey always talks to us - and I am glad Will came to see me.

I hope Lannae likes her new faucet - it looks great on her granite.

Ya'll have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Julie Ann said...

Aww... look at that pic :) She was just trying to throw you a surprise party with all that paper confetti...
And with the chasing...maybe you won't need to go to Boot Camp anymore and she can be your new drill sergeant!! lol :)
What a cute goat! Those aren't the ones that faint, are they?