Monday, August 24, 2009

Dish washing (drying) made pretty

I have no idea where I found the line drawing. We call them "snake doctors" here (Tipper is that an appalachian phrase too?) I had the Martha Stewart dish towel in my stash - so I went looking for floss and such. The line drawing had the body filled in with floss - I originally intended to use buttons from the stash - then while I was digging, I found these red orangy beads. Loving how this one turned out. I did manage to spill tea on it on while I was working at the ball field. I'll wash it and iron it tonight -

There will be more of these for sure - what cha think?

I spent the entire afternoon yesterday cleaning in MaggieGraceWorld. I managed to clear one work surface - two more to go. It was nice to get back in there and work - more of that to come.

That pup is growing - she is funny but not yet super loveable. Damn that puppy nipping. We are working on the biting and chewing - the sofa, the chair, my arms, my toes. Yesterday she spent a load of time outdoors and she comes and goes in and out of the studio and the house. It was such a nice day that I had the door open and she would slip in and startle me with a nip of my foot, then when I would jump she thought we were playing.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day - I got workout - then more house and studio cleaning.

4 comments:

Tipper said...

I don't think I've ever heard them called that-so I'm not sure. But I am sure that I like it-so pretty! The beads just make it-you are so creative.

I like the green truck too-can you imagine tooling around town in that : ) I also like your determination!!

Julie Ann said...

Isn't cleaning considered working out? Well, that's what I thought last week when I scrubbed the shower (and my fingers) raw!!

Your towel is so cute! I don't think anyone would want to use it for doing dishes though! Too pretty for that...

Give all the puppies hugs!! :)

Lannae Johnson said...

I'm loving the dish towel...for the show? (I'm hoping!) Thanks again for your faucet help and for taking Wills to feed the goats and donkeys. While he "wasn't quite sure about it," he had a grand time! I'll let you know when we're up and running in the kitchen sink again. Maybe I need a dish towel to complete my look! ;)

Darla said...

The drawing itself is great but you turned it into something special. I love fancy dishtowels. I like embroidery on most anything.

Darla