Monday, January 29, 2007

Time for a little positive


I feel much better today. I want to thank you for all of your encouragement. Emails. Words of comfort and wisdom. My sister was off work this weekend and she was with Mom. As she put it - "this is a breeze compared to what I do everyday." Tracey is a detention officer for the county jail. She deals with the dregs of society everyday. So she considered hanging with Mom a nice break.

I spent my weekend with my girls and cleaning my house (I am once again commander-in-chief of the dust bunny squadron)and resting.

The picture of beautiful baby girl, Abby is from yesterday. Cold COLD COLD and they are practicing softball. She is in the midst of three sports right now. Basketball - they play the region final this coming Friday. Soccer - tryouts last week and practice begins today. And - last but not least - softball - an almost year round activity for her. The plus side of this. She is physically fit, she is learning discipline and scheduling - and I know where she is. KINDA- she is somewhere with some ball team.

Add Molly to the mix. Volleyball is the sport of choice. She is now playing at the Junior Olympic level. And Friday night she and I will travel to Chattanooga TN for a tournament this weekend. Charles will stay home with Abby because of the basketball championship. I am really excited about her playing with this group. The level of training and competition makes her a better player.

I crocheted some this weekend. Made a few granny squares and I am planning to mix them with some velvet scraps to make a scarf. I didn't have enough of the yarn (leftovers) to make anything so I am combining and still using what I have to complete some things. But mostly I rested.

Yesterday I went to church and then came home, fixed a bite to eat, then put my pajamas back on and went back to bed. Put clothes back on to go to the grocery store - put groceries away and went back to bed. My body and mind needed that rest desperately. Now I feel more in control again.

I thank each of you for your support. For your friendship. Now I just need to find a way to be supermom and super daughter and super employee and super nice and super creative. Maybe I can get a job as a juggler in the circus.

Look for some really inspired work at the Christmas in Progress blog.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

So glad you are feeling better and that you got to take some time to just rest. We all need that from time to time. You have got yourself some very busy girls there! I got tired just reading about all the stuff they are in. Must be fun watching them!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like some time in one's jimjams to make a girl feel better.