Tuesday, July 10, 2007



The latest storage solution. Several days ago I mentioned a louver door cabinet that I had rediscovered. This used to sit on my bathroom counter with makeup & such in it, but the doors were aggravating to open in that set up. I will be painting it black with the decopage pages inside - like the stamp shelf. The plan is to use this for adhesives and such.

I started painting it last night and it has to be old, because the first coat of paint inside soaked into the wood at an alarming rate. So there will be multiple coats required. The girls will do the decopage inside. I cannot really figure out why I am so drawn to this look right now, but I am and we will use it. I am looking at additional storage items to reuse and repurpose as I continue getting ready for the move. According to Mr. Charles - he will be taking some time off this week to work on the studio some more.

Miss Abby decided that shrimp was her dinner choice. I added chicken (Molly doesn't eat shrimp) a salad, baked potatoes, and cheescake. We had a great dinner and I really enjoyed my Mom visiting.

Emotionally, I don't feel creative, but getting a coat of paint on that cabinet was a step in the right direction. I am tired as well (stress keeps me up) and that caught up with me, so I was in the bed reading at 9:30 last night, and fell asleep in one of those hard sleeps that is not as restful as it should be.

I want to send a welcome home shout out to the Queen Mother. Vallen's mom is home and I am so happy that she is doing so much better.

Tonight's plans - another coat of paint on the cabinet, maybe a little sewing on the cowboy quilt, and a start on MaryAnn's birthday gift. Oh and a summer favorite for supper - tomato sandwiches.

Have a great day.

4 comments:

Vallen said...

Thanks for the welcome ome for my mom. She is doing better in her own place. Everyone will be here this weekend to celebrate all the things we couldn;t celebrate when she was in the hospital.

Very Mary said...

Speaking of birthdays...someone's gift went out in yesterday's mail! I forgot to take a picture of it because I was so excited to send it to you, so make sure you get a good shot or two! I love you!

OldBagNewTricks said...

I like that louvered cabinet too -- though I don't envy your having to paint it. Perhaps spray paint. Because I build furniture I feel I'm not over-stepping my bounds by suggesting little silver slides on the underside of that cabinet -- they will raise the cabinet jst enough off the table surface to make opening the louvered doors easy, without changing the appearance.

Jenny

Metallyptica said...

I envy you, I wish I had a cabinet of my own to storage my crafty things... My mum always seems to be annoyed cause I have all the things all over the house... I mean, in the shelves, in my closets, in bags... wherever I find a tiny spot usable!! LOL