Monday, August 27, 2007

A little e-window shopping

MaggieGrace is working on some things. But the big (read postable) project is a gift for a reader and friend, so I am reserving those pictures until later. In place of crafty posts, I am bringing you a clothing wish list of sorts.

I spent some time browsing after the latest J.Perteman and Anthro catalogs came. I surfed over to both those sites and then went to my all time favorite one VictorianTrading Company.

I anyone feels inclined - any of these would make me so very happy.


VictorianTradingCo.com - Princess coat. Is this not just elegantly stunning. A long dress coat. Now I live in the southern US, so spending this kind of money on a coat is really not cost effective. But this is stunning- and since it is a classic look, I could wear it for years.



Another Victorian Trading Jacket. Not really all that expensive either. I love for jackets to have personality and this one does. Skirts - pants - jeans this would go with so much stuff.


One more Victorian Trading item. Over a tank top with a long linen skirt. Soft and romantic. I love this look. Molly says I am just a little out there in the way I really would love to dress. My job requires a little more mainstream approach, but I am beginning to push that envelope just a bit. Have to break in the guys in the warehouse a little at a time. Just wait - as the weight decreases the boho attire will become more prevalent.


The sweater that started the whole shopping tour. Anthropologie. A patchwork of sweater knits. This is to die for. Again a linen or velvet soft skirt topper. Add riding boots or tights and brown saddle oxfords.

I got an email from Ellen over at Growing Gills. She used the wagon wheel tutorial and was successful in making a block herself. Hope all of you will let me know if you try one.

Also - thank you all for the comments on my last post. I have some return emails to complete and a list to make for the "thoughts of home". There were also some new people on the list and I am so excited to see those names.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Have a fabulous week too.

4 comments:

Darla said...

You sure picked some pretties for yourself. Out weather doesn't justify that long winter coat either but it looks lovely.

There's an Anthro. store near us, I may have to go look at their fall line.

Darla

Vallen said...

You would look so perfect in any of those selections. I love new clothes. Sigh.

LaurenSmash said...

hey lady! You won my giveaway! I need your address!! :) p.s. my email address is mingyta@aol.com

Very Mary said...

I love surprises! Not surprise parties though, just for future reference:) I am loving that second jacket. L.O.V.E.