Monday, August 20, 2007

A little problem solved

If you remember this post, and scroll down and look at the cabinet in all its glory, you know that I need storage solutions in a big way. As we continue the structural work on the studio , I am working on the storage items. MaryAnn has mailed me my typeset drawers and my small stamps will be stored in them. I have some clear acrylic picture frames for the clear stamps to go in. And on and on.
Well Saturday was a terribly busy day and I was disappointed that I could not go to the Habitat Art sale and yard sale in the morning. We had to be at the ballfield early and then had concession stand duty for the lunch time period. After the lunch rush, I hurried home to make salads for the two potluck meals on Sunday. Upon arrival, I discovered a key ingredient was missing - tomatoes - so back in the car, I hurried to the grocery store. (Note - this building in my small rural Ga town is about the size of a service station, but they do have local produce)
On the way home, I took the road past the sale location and decided to stop and just speak to the folks there. There wasn't much left at all. I glanced around and saw them - they were perfect - they were exactly what I was looking for - they were glass - they were horribly dirty - but they fit a specific need I was struggling to address. Just look at them.....
Two triangular, heavy glass, tall, skinny, made in Spain (has nothing to do with this post- just not from China) storage jars. These will solve a storage problem just the way I pictured it being solved. You know how it is - you get this idea in your brain. Wondering what it may be that I plan on storing??????

Why pipe cleaners of course. These get stuffed in the corners of my cabinet. They get all twistedy and funked up and that drives me nuts. Just look at how pretty they are in the jars. I can see what colors I have and I can get to them easily. All for a quarter each. Now on to the next storage solution search. (If i just had the studio in a finished state for this stuff to go into.)

On the creative front, I made several of those tiny squares. I have my list of things for the festival booth. I have part of MaryAnn's giftie completed. It was a good weekend overall.

Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Darla said...

Good thrifting! Those jars look so cool with the pipe cleaners in them.

Darla

Very Mary said...

What a good idea! I envision genius storage solutions, but then I end up dumping bunches of stuff in boxes. Of course, I can never find what I want when I need it, but well that's kinda fun, too:) I was hoping your drawers arrived today:(

Anonymous said...

LOL Now there is a great idea!