Thursday, October 30, 2008

More studio pictures

I worked on ATC last night, I'm not going to bore you with that picture today. I'll be working hard on those this weekend. I decided how I am going to finish them off last night.

I love slipping out to the studio for "just a few" minutes in the evening and morning. I need some sort of heat out there and it has been cold in the south - so it gets a little uncomfortable to work out there. The ATC project fits in an easy to carry box - so I have been parked in my recliner - smelling and basking in the heat from a wood fire - covered in a granny square lap blanket - stitching away. All I need are a butler and a full time housekeeper/cook/chauffeur for the children and my life would be almost magical.

College Freshman is enduring her first "real" wave of homesickness this week. I'll be sending a few extra care packages in the next few - just so she can feel some extra parts of "home"

Now studio shots....


This wall is over my little sit down work surface. I have an old vanity that was missing its mirror. You can get a glimpse of it at the top right of one of the photos here. This piece of furniture was FREE. I came home from work to find it on my front porch with a note that said "thought you might enjoy this." I gave it a quick strip with some furniture refinisher and repainted the top. It works great in this little studio space. The boxes are little crates that various gifts have come in I always need little nooks and crannies for stuff so as I come across more of these - I'll just attach them to the wall.

The two square wall art plaques are from my lovely blog buddy - MaryAnn - I love them and had to find the perfect place to hang them. Since I normally stand at the work surface facing these - I get to see them and lift thanks for the friends that are my blessings. The center plaque is a mounted ATC that I got in a swap.



This little chest of drawers is a cheap find as well. We had an import warehouse near where we live and these 10 drawer chests were 9.99 unfinished on clearance several years ago. hey MaryAnn --- I used spray paint from the dollar store to paint this. The drawers will hold 3x5 index cards easily - but I just have it full of beads and bottles and other junk. I just moved it into the studio when I realized how perfectly it would fill this space at the end of the work island.
I get to "officially" meet the College Freshman's new boy tonight. She won't be there so the Softball Princess is in charge of the introduction. He is younger than Molly - we live in a VERY small town - this partnership is the talk of the area - because of the age difference and the fact that his mom is freaking about her high school baby boy wanting to go out with a college girl. College Freshman has sent an email requesting that I be on my bestest (least embarrassing) behavior. -------- I'll try.
I'm headed off tonight. I'll be hanging with folks at the church trunk or treat event, including my friend, Lannae. It will be loads of fun.
Have a great night ....

3 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

You tell Molly that we are all making sure you are on your best behavior...no worries!!!

Tipper said...

Makes me wish I had a studio. Hope you stayed on your best behavior-sometimes a hard thing for Moms!


Love your cowboy boots.

Very Mary said...

First, I love that you used cheap spray paint:) Second, I love where you hung your plaques (and that cheerleader still cracks me up!)Third, I sent some mail love to Molly this week, so hopefully it'll help cheer her up:)