Thursday, January 08, 2009

I played last night...

We are in a tenuous mode at work right now. We have builders and contractors unable to pay and we are "chasing" money. It is stressful and everyone in the office is hanging on to civility by the tiniest thread. Every one just wants to say "screw this" we are wasting our time. These people are long time customers and this is streesful for them and awkward for everyone.

When I went to the doctor yesterday, I was placed on a strict salt restrictive diet. They also changed my blood pressure meds - still making some adjustments. AND I have to have a skin lesion biopsied on Monday. All in all a very stressful day.

When I got home, the softball princess went to youth meeting at church and I sat down and just played.

Sorry about the quality of these - a direct effect of bringing the camera in from the cold car into the warm house and being in a hurry.

I tore several pages from a thrifted book, the Sizzix dies cutter, my paper trimmer and various dies. All of this qualifies as USE WHAT I HAVE.



2 inch wide strips - punched with hearts - the letters are hand inked onto paper scraps using a cheap plastic stencil from the dollar store. That is some kind of vintage cloth twill tape. I cannot wait to finish this garland and get a picture of it hanging. I think I'm in love. The little scalloped 1/2 circle is a folded circle cut from those new spellbinders dies I gave me for Christmas. It will play a fairly large role in the final assy of this.

I cut and folded this flower from the book pages too. The prootype looks a little rough, but I finally figured out how to make this look like I want it to. I probably could have found some instructions online - or even in my mags, but I was playing and part of the fun is in figuring out things for myself. I'll be using one of these on each end of that garland. There may be lace involved. There WILL be buttons involved.

Here is a very fogged up photo of those brass dies. Love these and I'll will purchase more of these in the future. I just wish they had a local outlet so I could avoid shipping charges.
It sure was fun to just play.
I also dug through a box of vintage greeting cards and found one to use with the glove. Even the Man at My Address likes the layout so far.
In addition to all that fun, I finished a 12x12 layout for a design contest.
Have a great day. I'll be reading labels for sodium content. Then eating lots of fresh fruit and veggies.


6 comments:

Tipper said...

Sorry about your crummy day-and the doctors thing. But I love what your Playing time made!

Anonymous said...

Know the doctors visit was stressful. Last nights play was needed...it helps to unwind. H & A

Anonymous said...

I had a conversation about tough times with my BF this morning.... she plans to attend two funerals on Sat. so I understand what you posted about.. it is pretty awful just about everywhere you turn.. at least you are taking care of yourself and finding something good to do that can take you away from worry .. making something is positive and healing.. we have to hope things will improve

Lannae Johnson said...

Take time to play - just don't stack up beanbags and head-dive forward!

Elizabeth Prata said...

that sounds so stressful...I used to have a business and it was terribly awkward to chase down money. I am sorry you and your boss's business are going thru that. Also prayers for a good doctor report...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like playing was just what you were needing. I hope things calm and settle down for you soon.