Friday, January 30, 2009

Christmas in January

My mama and me - last night at the launch meeting of the new quilt guild at my church. The order of business last night - sort and organize 11 big trash bags of fabric, much like Christmas for those of us with fabric fetish issues. We look so much alike.

The yellow thing I am sporting is a nightgown that was in one of the bags. As the self proclaimed loud and rowdy one of the bunch, it was my uniform for the night (and may become a permanent joke) I took some goodness for my self and some to donate that we can't use for quilting.

We had a great night. My mom has had a bit of a rough spot lately, so it was nice to see her really enjoy herself. Having this thing scheduled to do together is going to be fun too.

Still got that badboy kidney stone. It continues to move in tiny increments and as long as it is moving, the dr will not touch it.

please go leave the group encouragement - suggestions - whatever. We are all pretty clueless about how to do this. I have set them up a blog - I like how blogger works and I am also the reporter for them so that is my chosen method. here's the link

have a wonderful weekend

5 comments:

Darla said...

Are you starting a fashion trend?

A quilt guild sound like a lot of fun. Something you and your Mom can do together just makes it that much better.

Darla

Anonymous said...

you do have something on me I've never worn a nightgown at church...hope the guild goes well happy weekend

Lannae Johnson said...

Got a volleyball and softball stamp in the mail today - so excited to play with them! Hope to see you Sunday.

Roxie said...

My mother belonged to a sewing guild. When she passed, my sister-in-love, Mother's longtime friend and I went through her stash, which was much bigger than I had ever imagined.

We kept what we wanted (wish I'd kept more) and took the rest to her sewing guild.

President's husband didn't know we were coming and was quite shocked to see my brother and husband pulling loads of fabric out of the pickup.

Guild members were delighted. We were pleased that people who knew my mother and shared her passion for sewing could enjoy her stash.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a neat thing to be part of. Loved seeing you and your Mom together-and the gown is a hoot!