Tuesday, January 27, 2009

a new cross stitch pattern

I just received this pattern (some 70,000 plus stitches) and three others from MYSTIC STITCH. I'll be stitching this for local best friend. Yes he knows and has already seen the pattern, and professed my stupidity. He is a golfer - add to that he is a golf historian - loves the game - loves the tradition - loves Augusta National. When I finish this one - it will be framed and gifted for his office.

I spent one more night looking at my feet covered up in the bed. The muscle weakness and fatigue from coming off the percoset are almost as bad as the pain the percoset treats. I went to bed well before it got late - 7pm - and then the Man at my Address came to bed later. I slept great until he got there. He tossed and turned and moaned and snored. Between he and the dog and the kidney stone - there has been little sleep at my house.

I bought a new sofa. We needed it desperately. The one we had was at least 18 years old and have survived the growing up of the girls. Love the new one, but I haven't slept on it. If this sleep cycle of the man continues, one of us will be sleeping on the new sofa. soon.

This is the third round of kidney stones in 6 months, unbelievable. I have made many diet modifications to help offset the generating of them, but it hasn't helped. I have made an appointment with the urologist, to have the entire plumbing system checked, thinking maybe my hysterectomy may have caused some shifting of parts, and contributing to the problem. I just do not know. I know that I am tired of not feeling well. Maybe there is some truth to the "turning 40 and falling apart" myth.

I do feel more like myself today. Yesterday, I told LBF that I just wanted to whine. He has noted that I do not do that very well. I bitch more readily, ask the man at my address, he will confirm that. I picked the Softball Princess up from basketball practice - made sure she was pointed at some food and put me in the bed.

Tha MaggieGrace part of me needs some attention. I'll be crocheting tonight at the basketball game, then maybe some more afterwards. Thursday night is an organizational meeting for a quilt guild at our church. My Mom and I are doing this together and I am so excited about knowing we will have a regular time to spend with one another.

Hoping this finds all of you have a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope you can stop what ever it is that is producing the kidney stones.. it sounds awful.. feel better