Wednesday, January 28, 2009

STILL NOT MUCH MAGGIEGRACE

At the time it seemed like such a great idea. My boss suffers from kidney stones too. His suggestion - drink beer - lots of it. So today I have a kidney stone AND a hangover.

I did crochet some last night at the basketball game. I'll post pictures soon of what I am working on, this project just stays in the truck and I never think about it. It will be a cover up blanket for a big person someday maybe.

Today I am bringing you a favorite quick meal that my family loves. Cheese Quesadillas and green stuff. How's that for a well thought out meal description.

I have a small (call it dorm sized) George Foreman grill. Love that thing. Use it all the time. Should have bought the big one, but I was really unsure about how much we would use it.

Anyway - I digress. I buy the small flour tortillas, pepper jack cheese, and extra sharp cheddar.

slice cheese - smack between two tortillas - pop in the George Foreman - quick - painless - easy.

GREENSTUFF - my concoction - the College Freshman could almost live on this stuff.
One avacado - smashed with a fork.
lemon juice
herdez slasa verde
fresh (or dried) cilantro chopped
salt to taste (I use NoSalt)
mix up til it looks like guac.

cant really call this guacamole - but it sure is a great dip for those quesadillas.



note - this picture was blantantly stolen from some recipe site.

quesdailla - green stuff - cold beer - quick dinner ------- 10 minutes max (btw - the girls drink tea or coke)

come on over. the food is not fancy here, but the environment is oh so welcoming.

Have a great day.

2 comments:

ellen said...

I am sorry...I have to admit that I snorted in laughter! I know that it is not fun to be in pain, being a person who set herself on fire (Yeah, Georgia, 1970ish ice storm) a person who had an appendectomy,and the damned gallbladder stuff..hurts like HELL.
Take care, dear person...I'll have a glass of wine or two or three for you in a canning jar.

Felicia said...

I love fresh made, chunky guacamole. The one Mexican restaurant in town who could make a decent batch went out of biz.