Thursday, January 22, 2009

simple, quick, easy

I wish my entire life was this easy. Hell don't we all.

When I posted the word tissue flowers the other day - Darla sent me a comment thinking she had missed something. No - I just didn't put a very clear photo.

I thrift patterns all the time for the cover images. So I have this pile of patterns that I will never use.

Several blogs have posted these images of various tissue flowers and since this is the good old fashioned way of making them I don't feel like I am breaking any rules here by making these.

Using what I have........ AKA Stash diet.

Pattern tissue, bread ties (you know I save them), thirfted lace.


The traditional accordian folded tissue paper. I cut these approximately 6x5. There was no measuring - only the eyeballed method.
Instead of stapling them - because the staper was in the barn and it was cold - I tied these with bread ties.
Fan them out - tie a piece of lace to the wire and you get......


I like these - a lot.

I really like a cute little box of them.

So tell me - would this make you happy if it arrived at your desk????

Have a wonderful day.

I got no ball stuff tonight - how cool is that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute box of tissue flowers...who but you would've done these. Just think how many old patterns I've tossed?? Great job of using what you have!! Ann A.

Dana said...

Those are very cute! That would be a very nice surprise to arrive on someone's desk :) Great stash buster!


Dana
d08@goldingers.com

kristin said...

your photos of them are lovely teresa! and what a great idea...the color of the pattern sheets makes for a great looking flower.

makes me feel like making some right now...even though my stapler isn't in the barn, i may just use a bread tie anyway :)

Darla said...

Adorable! I like them best by the box full. Something looks so luxurious about them that way.

Darla

Roxie said...

What a fun use for old pattern paper. How I wish I hadn't trashed so many of my mother's old patterns! Guess a crafter can never throw away anything. (Sure don't want Hubby to hear that notion. He thinks I collect too much "stuff" as it is.)