Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Details

I have a stash problem. We all know about it. I got stuff, stuff, and more stuff. I have diligently worked on moving it and organizing it and -YES - even using it. Still, I got plenty to keep me busy.

Take the item below. I have one of these. One. Why?

Because I bought a bag of lace and this was in it.

I found it over the holidays and have decided it will be used promptly in an art piece. Thus begins tray number one for the new year.



A reminder of a more gentle era. When ladies really dressed up. And isn't it pretty against the silky blue of that fabric.

Come closer.

Those are tiny little pearl beads. All hand stitched onto the glove. Yummy. This is an exquisite glove. But we already know that details are what draw me in. What will I include in this piece?

I really have no idea.

I want a word. To stitch on linen. That sums up the feelings of this. I know just the lace edged handkerchief that I'll add to this. Simple. Meaningful. Mindful. And that blue fabric stays as a background.

Help me.

Or just leave a comment to let me know you are still out there.

I miss you guys leaving comments.

Have a great day.





6 comments:

Carrie said...

I spent 2 years at the PA Renaissance Faire as a Lady-in-waiting and I use to comb the flea markets for gloves like that one. I wore them to death. At the time, the faire was open from June until mid-October and it got cold!

For Ideas, you should look at the dove catalog's Victorian valentines. They always have the best images.

Carrie said...

dover catolog.....sorry!

Anonymous said...

I remember.....my Mom made my pretty dresses and I wore white gloves each Sunday to church. In fact, I have saved several pairs of gloves. AA.

ellen said...

How lovely, Teresa.
Here is my input for what it is worth: I do have a pair of my mother's gloves, I have a small hat with feathers, and I have some lace from my grandmother.
How about a bit of lace, a feather or two (smallish) and the glove and whatever else you choose...and the word that I come up with is GRACE. Grace means so many things and is burgeoning (sp?) with possibilities.
The word grace holds so much and so many possibilities for me..from the religious to the everyday place that I want to be.
We all think about peace, comfort, hope and joy...I elect to add Grace to my vocabulary of "states of being" this year.
Best to you, dear friend...e.

Roxie said...

Love the glove. Can hardly wait to see what you'll do with it.

I'm afraid to throw away anything any more. Seems whatever I pitch is what I'm about to need the next week.

Raesha D said...

I'm here:) I say we embark on a year of stash busting.....wouldn't that be awesome to clean some room to make room for new goodies?