Thursday, January 15, 2009

So my mother-in-love called.

I love this lady. She knows it. She also knows that I am the one to send unwanteds to. When she called me, I arranged a visit to her house. They live about 40 minutes from us. When we were dating, the man at my address put about 900 miles per week on his car between his work and seeing me. Looking back on that - I find it ridiculous - we talked about that last night.

Seems the softball girls have decided to include "boys" in their lives, thus making their brain cells misfire on occasion. The coaches (and some of the daddy's) are not really excited about that news flash. I reminded the Man of the stupid (he said romantic) things we did to see or talk to each other before the words "i do". (Yes - you need to read that "romantic" word with sarcasm, my engagement ring was handed to me rolled up in a dirty tshirt from the back floorboard of his car.) These girls are wading through all of that and it is a kind of rocky terrain for everyone right now.

Back to that phone call. We visited and I so enjoyed that time with them. Just before we started home, Ann emerged with this pile of stuff. Just look.


Boxes (plural) in a big way.

Never fear - there were a few duplicates in here that will be included in a giveaway really soon.


Floss - I am in heaven - this is already detangled, wrapped on cards, and labeled. A shoe box full.

An unopened cross stitch kit. There were a few of these.


More floss.



A box of pressed and neatly folded cross stitch fabric.


Storage jars (need those), magazines and gift boxes.


GrandDaddy wanted to go through it before we left. (SHH - I think he is afraid she is giving his stuff away)


My favorite thing is in the next picture. She doesn't know if this was Grandma Simpsons or Mama Norvan's - it is ours now. It fits my dining room table and I like how the dar wood shows off the beatiful lacework pattern.


Look....


Today is a good day. The Raider Softball team is on the way to be recognized at the State Capitol. While I was typing this the Doctors Office called. My biopsy results are in.


The skin lesion was a Lichen Planus. This is news and it really is good news. Apparently it is an autoimmune disorder and is not serious at all. Leave it to me to be diagnosed with something I had never heard of.


I hope this finds all of you having a wonderful day. Mine just got better.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, great to know your biopsy report is good. Happy that you enjoy all my discards....the cloth is really nice on your table. I almost tossed it....but no, Teresa may want to look at it??!! Maybe I will find other items of interest for you. Happy to hear of the softball teams award!! GO!!Abby. Love you, Ann & Herbert.

Carrie said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that the biopsy was non-threatening! That Lace is beautiful, is it a table cloth or a runner?

Anonymous said...

what great news! and those females paying attention to males? as natural as day light .. it happens oh boy does it happen

ellen said...

I am so relieved that all is well.
What wonderful goodies you got.

Lannae Johnson said...

Wonderful news! Love you new goodies, too!