Friday, June 16, 2006

COLOR WEEK - TUESDAY - BROWN

There are a pair of these brown shutters hanging over my sofa. I bought them in Harrodsburg, KY years ago. We were on vacation and I found these propped in a back corner of a junk store. You know - one of those places you have to poke around and dig through. Those are the places I love to explore. Any way we were loaded to the gills with seven of us in a minivan and I bought shutters. Mind you I had no idea what I was going to do with them- I just liked them. We had to unload every one and every thing onto the street to get these shutters under the seats. I brought them home and used them to frame this group of cross stitched covered bridges representing the four seasons. I adore the distressed brown paint of the shutters against the chocolate milk covered walls in the living room.

No comments: