Monday, June 12, 2006

The Prayer

I adore this picture. Found at some point on Flickr. Do you remember your baby's feet. That is always one of the first things a new mommy does - count those fingers and toes.
In a previous post, I mentioned a prayer I include with stitched pieces. I had a couple of people ask me about it, so here it is. You may use this in any way you choose. Just give me credit. I refuse to copyright good wishes and that's what this is all about.

every stitch contains a prayer.
lifted up by me for you.
a prayer for health
a prayer for grace
a prayer to sustain you no matter what you face.
so everytime this gift you see.
remember you are prayed for by me.
love and prayers
teresa atkinson

I have been thinking a lot about this since i wrote the post. When i had cancer and was struggling to find my way as a survivor, people were praying for me. When i have been in need in any way and people around me knew it, they were praying for me. Why do we all ask for prayer just when there is a pressing need? Why can't we just pray for each other because we want to? Why will I not ask for prayer just as a celebration of the grace poured down on us by our Father?

Today, I am celebrating by praying for all of you. A prayer of blessings and joy for the life you have. I pray that your needs be met and that you recognize that you are beautiful and special.

Thank you for the friendships you share with me. I hope to continue getting to know you. As my artistic methods evolve it all contains a prayer for you.

Have a beautiful day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post! Beautiful baby feet, beautiful poem, beautiful sentiment! I'm so glad to have visited you today.

Dawn said...

Thank you...you are very sweet.
I love the baby feet btw..

weirdbunny said...

I loved our children's feet when they were babies. I have so many pictures of when I printed their feet in yellow paint.