Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday -work in progress



Here it is. Doesn't look like much does it? This is the cottonhouse on our property - roughly 80- 100 years old. Tin roof, heart pine lumber, sheds on each side, and full of the man's junk.

Why am I posting THIS as my WIP Friday post? It's my new studio space to be.

Right now I work in the kitchen, living room, dining room, anywhere I can find a surface and a comfy chair. I store things ALL over the house. This is a mess and I am tired of the hassle it takes to get it out and live with it. We have an addition planned for the house - but that is long term and been shelved for now because of the cost of building materials.

So one evening we are talking about a work/storage solution for my stuff and this is the outcome. For my birthday (coming soon - Bastille Day), I get this barn emptied of his stuff. He has another bigger barn that he is taking over. I get something I really want and he gets by on the cheap. I will have to fog it several times to lose all the wasps and bees. Then the real fun starts. I have lined up a roofer to caulk and seal. That is first on the agenda. This project will take months to complete, but the plus to that is I have an abundance of blog material to bore all of you with.

The best part will be a clean house and the ability to work uninterrupted (yeah right) and a place to have all of my stuff together. I have been surfing and looking at spaces to help with ideas. I can't wait.

Other WIP at my house. I cut out several lambkins last night for a baby shower table decoration. I have some folk art stitched ornaments to sew and stuff, and I started a crochet scarf for my Indie Pal out of the coolest yarn. It's acrylic - but I still think its fun and its orange. I have sketched some ideas for my black and white swap and the next five ATC on my list.

I am officially closing the signups for the ATC project today. I will post the full list, next week.

So yes I am busy. I like things that way. I have already been told by my best friend that I don't sit still very well.

By the way, Sunday is that same best friend's birthday. As much as he would like you to believe he is 12 days older than me, you have to add 10 years to that number to get it right. Happy Birthday, Buddy.

I lead an incredibly full life. I have been blessed with so many things and I am so very grateful for that. It has been said "happiness is the journey, not the destination". Yeah buddy, I am happy on this journey, are you?

Have a beautiful day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreamy space, I can see potential written all over it!

Artygal/Lalheg said...

Oooh how gorgeous!

By the way..... I've set up a bottle swap for US babes on Swapbot - hope you can join in!

Lori said...

What an absolutely perfect space for a studio! I have one similar on our farm, but not quite as big and right now it houses my art supplies.

Very Mary said...

How fun! I'm transforming my attic into a new studio, so I share your excitement and your bee issue:) Can't wait to see more!

Montreal Mama said...

i wish i had space in my tiny backyard for a shack for a craft room - but then again - it would just not be convenient at all during winters!

Anonymous said...

Happy almost birthday teresa--mine is 2 days before yours!

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

A home away from home, a place to create and enjoy, what a treasure you will soon have there in your backyard!