Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Let's play - tag.


Not like the meme's, although you can play along with some of this.
Childhood games. We played 1-2-3 redlight, simon says, four square, drop the handkerchief, hide and go seek, tag, ghosts in the graveyard - those are the ones that come to mind this morning. I also add london bridge, here we go round the mulberry bush, and ring around the rosies. We did those crazy hand games too - say say my playmate. And jump rope. My baby sister and I spent hours on the trampoline. We waded in the creek. We giggled and ran and jumped and spent hours in the great outdoors.
As adults, too many of us are so inhibited. We don't laugh freely. We don't giggle often. We are afraid that some may be watching, making a judgement about us. When is the last time you laughed at yourself - really laughed hard because you were just funny. Can you name something that triggers the giggles in you every time? I can. Can you remember the last time you laughed just because life was FUN? I can. Do you have it in you to PLAY? I do.
Now my play is in the creative world most of the time. But i still take the hand of a toddler and play London Bridge occasionally. Tracey and I break into song - fairly often - bad song - sung poorly - causes those around us to roll their eyes - and we all laugh. I can choose a moment to snort and she will have to leave the room to regain her composure. When is last time you did the "singing in the rain" stupid body contortion song?
WHY HAS IT BEEN SO LONG? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? WHAT COULD BE THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN?
You are all challenged to play today? To laugh hard? To make another person laugh or smile? Remember - they may not understand or remember how to laugh or play. You may have to remind yourself and others what this is about. I have already accomplished this myself today. It was fun and it was funny. Try it - see if you really remember how to play.
About the tags in the picture.
I made these for Raesha's tag swap. They went into the mail today. Fairly large office supply tags. I always have this little catch in my throat about things I swap. I am always afraid that mine won't compare to the others. I do like these and I had a great time making them. I covered the entire tag with a vintage patterned tissue paper. Looks like victorian scrap art materials . really soft and pretty. Then I stamped some vintage book pages with the keys and the phrase "treasure the moment" - added gold embossing powder and embossed these. I tore the edges around the stamp and glued them to the tags. added lace and pearl beads. Then I looked at them and decided they needed some thing else. punch tiny holes and added the flowers - simply attached with brads. Then some velvet scraps for the hanger. (I save everything - even 1/4 inch wide velvet scraps.) These tags are most definitley feminine. Love these. I sure hope the recipients of these enjoy them. I made an extra and used it on a small gift bag for Raesha - I always like to send a hostess gift. My Love - I hope you can use some of the goodies in the bag.
Oh and by the way - I did use what I had.
Play today everyone - don't worry - the first time it's a little stressful, but you will get the hang of it.
Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Vallen said...

The things you do don't compare to anyone else's they are always beautifully unique!!!

OldBagNewTricks said...

The tags are exquisite!!! You do such nice work. And the lLaugh Challenge is inspired!!! I laugh with my friend Linda all the time... till my face hurts. And I laugh with my son... though he is getting to be kind of a fuddy-duddy more and more.... Maybe when I'm as old as him I will be a fuddy-duddy too -- till then chuckle up.

Jenny