Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fit for a princess



Nerissa - if you don't want a sneak peek at your crown, then avoid this post. I have all of the graphics because this fits all of these profiles.

I am using what I have, almost as a habit now. It really has been fun to challenge myself in this way and to use things I had bought for some reason in the past. Because I stash stuff (literally) by sticking it here and there, I have been surprised to find some cool things too. As I move to the studio and start the serious organizing, I'm sure there will be many more surprises. Probably a few " what was I thinking" moments too.



I am participating in this crown/tiara swap. I posted the other day about the crochet crown idea. I made the base and stiffened it. The best part - I sprinkled it with glitter while the glue base was still wet. Last night, I dug through the tulle circles (on the target list of supplies) and found ten pink ones and ten blue ones. I made a casing and gathered them onto wire pipe cleaners. I hand stitched these into the center of the stiffened crown and it became this soft and frothy effect in the center.

Molly's friends thought it was really pretty. I was covered head to toe in glitter residue. After I attached the tulle, I started stringing beads. These beads have been around for years - really pretty, soft feminine colors. I am loving how this is coming out. I got about 1/2 around the crown before I gave up last night. Take a look below. It is sitting on a plate that happened to be what I chose to use to catch glue splatters and that will be the work vessel for this project. Molly will be vacuuming the floor today to get up some of that glitter.

I will add to this probably right up to the mailing time on Saturday. I sure am having fun with this one. Sure hope Nerissa likes it.

I hope all of you have a wonderful day.



Photo is clickable.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

LOVE your crown! I must enter this swap next time it is offered. :)