Monday, July 14, 2008

Little Stuff


I hardly ever share recipes here - that's because I hardly ever cook. It is rumoured that I do not know how to cook. I would try to dispute that rumour, but the benefit is that I don't have to cook as long as no one thinks I can.

This however is one of my favorite dishes to put together. An easy to prepare - cook - and clean up dish. On the grill or in the oven - potato pouches. I think everyone I know has a variation of this dish -- here's mine. There is no quantity - make it the way you want to in the amounts you like.

Potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
Carrots (I cheat and buy the bags of baby carrots)
Onions sliced (I'm from GA so vidalias for us)
Bell Pepper sliced
Squash (yellow ones are abundant here right now - zucchinni work too)

Pile it all in the makings of a leakproof foil pouch.

Now add - dollops of butter
salt - pepper - lemon pepper - italian seasonings (you pick your favorites)
worchesteshire sauce

here's the magic in my recipe - this is the thing I add that makes people wonder what exactly is different. Drizzle the entire concoction with syrup - the batch I made this weekend - I used dark corn syrup - but I have also used maple and sorghum (slightly bitter sweet)

Bundle it all up and cook for about 45 minute to an hour - turning the pouch occasionally.

If you try this - let me know what you think.

******************************************************************************
Now for some fun stuff - look at the pale pink of this - the white and soft yellow - and then the almost black red of the throat - I'm seeing some wonderful color combo in this.


This was taken the night before the one above. Don't plan on cuting these for any reason - they were outside my unit this weekend and most of the open flowers only lasted a few hours. But they sure were gorgeous when they opened.


Another stunning color combination. Vivid red orange and green with an unusual flower shape here too.
organized chaos (below) I spent hours working on making this pile of tangled mess a slightly more organized approach. getting all of this into the studio is helping me figure out what I have and hopefully how to keep it better organized. (like that's gonna happen)

Much of this floss had no labels - some was vintage from boxes that walked in the door with me. Some was on bobbins and had just not been put away (like in many many years worth). I am working on a project that does not require numbers and the like - so I pulled all of this out to put together the project. Remember - I save everything - so some of this was even floss that was leftover from some kits. These projects are fun and I like doing them. This particular one involves text and color - and will be sent to a special lady once I finish it.


Hope you all are having a wonderful day -

Teresa


4 comments:

Carrie said...

That sounds so good to me. I'm having such food issues. I want potatos, rice and fruit. Veggies are turning my stomach and meat is only a little bit better. yeash.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BIRTHDAY GIRL OF THE DAY AND MANY MORE. H & A

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BIRTHDAY GIRL OF THE DAY AND MANY MORE. H & A

Elizabeth Prata said...

the veggies in foil sound great, I'll try that. And the flower pices are goreous! I love the red one