Monday, October 21, 2013

#STASHTAGS 17/31

Sorry - I fell behind on blogging these details. I've posted these each day on my Instagram and my Facebook page. I was off gallivanting and blogging from my phone is so tedious. So there are several posts to catch these up this morning. 



October 17 - word - STRONG

Here's what I had to say about it.

 My support from my church was strong when I joined that cancer club (twice). Tribute tag for Jones chapel and with pink for breast cancer awareness and green for kidney cancer. A heart because I love you all so much 

Let's look at the details.
-tan cardstock tag base.
- a cutout from the front of my church bulletin (Our church is white brick and is way out in the country and I love this place.)
- a sliver of pink paper (for breast cancer)
- a sliver of green (for renal cell carcinoma - kidney cancer) 
- pink pen lettering using a stencil I have had for many years
- a tiny heart embellishment (I have several of these from a wedding table scatter I bought on clearance) 
- the hanger is lace (lace looks fragile but in most cases is a very strong material) and scrap of black yarn

This again was an easy one to put together for me. As I chose my words for this project, many of the tags designed themselves in my brain. I wanted to pay tribute to my church family because this was a difficult thing to go through and so many of them helped me when my faith grew weak. Thank you Jones Chapel -- I love you all.

Happy Monday. 



No comments: